Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (2) KYLIE MINOGUE & YEARS AND YEARS – A Second To Midnight (7 Weeks)
- (1) BIFFY CLYRO – A Hunger in Your Haunt (7 Weeks)
- (NE) LITTLE MIX – No (1 Week)
- (3) KASABIAN – ALYGATYR (4 Weeks)
- (18) FOALS – Wake Me Up (2 Weeks)
- (12) ADELE – Easy On Me (2 Weeks)
- (6) JOEL CORRY – I Wish (feat. Mabel) (2 Weeks)
- (7) DIPLO – Promises (6 Weeks)
- (NE) RICHARD ASHCROFT – Bittersweet Symphony (1 Week)
- (8) JESY NELSON – Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) (6 Weeks)
- (9) RICHARD ASHCROFT – This Thing Called Life (7 Weeks)
- (10) MILES KANE – Caroline (8 Weeks)
- (15) CRAIG DAVID x MNEK – Who You Are (4 Weeks)
- (13) ALOK X JOHN LEGEND – In My Mind (Joel Corry Remix) (3 Weeks)
- (16) DAVE – System (feat. Wizkid) (3 Weeks)
- (14) BRYAN ADAMS – So Happy It Hurts (5 Weeks)
- (17) JAMES ARTHUR – Emily (7 Weeks)
- (19) SELF ESTEEM – You Forever (3 Weeks)
- (20) BIYI – Lately (Villem Remix) (7 Weeks)
- (NE) TEARS FOR FEARS – The Tipping Point (1 Week)
It’s been seven weeks since Kylie entered our chart with her collaboration alongside Years and Years, and we’re chuffed to say that she has finally hit top spot, with just 2 weeks left before the 2-month cut off. Accompanied by Biffy Clyro & Kasabian, the trio also see superstars Little Mix join the 4 Champions League spots.
‘No’ is the second single taken from the girls brand new album, ‘Between Us’. Written by Jade, Perrie & Leigh-Anne with solid gold hitmakers Kamille, MNEK and Tre Jean-Marie, ‘No’ is an edgy electro pop banger about standing firm and saying no in a relationship, set to instantly become a Little Mix classic hit. This banger has become a favourite among DJs at Stoke City, Sheffield Utd & Ipswich Town.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
Around the centre of the 20, we have a second entry from an artist who has been present in our chart for 7 weeks now. It’s Richard Ashcroft with his acoustic rendition of ‘Bittersweet Symphony’, taken straight from his brand new acoustic covers album, ‘Acoustic Hymns Vol. 1’. This cover comes in at 9th, just two places above his other recent release, ‘This Thing Called Life’, sandwiching Jesy Nelson‘s track ‘Boyz’.
‘Bittersweet Symphony’ proved to be particularly poignant, having taken on a new power following the news that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards had decided to return the song writing credit to the legendary frontman.Produced by Richard with Chris Potter, ‘Acoustic Hymns Vol. 1’ features his regular live band boosted by some special collaborators. Wil Malone provides the string arrangements, which were recorded at Abbey Road Studios. In addition, Chuck Leavell performs piano, Roddy Bloomfield leads the brass section, and Steve Wyreman contributes further acoustic guitar and backing vocal arrangements. Although this is slightly more laid back than the original, it will still be heard at Liverpool, West Brom, and throughout concourses at West Ham & Leeds United.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest, you’ll find a third new entry from legends Tears For Fears. ‘The Tipping Point’ is taken from the bands highly anticipated, forthcoming album under the same name, their first new studio album in nearly two decades.
The record is described as a song cycle reflecting many of the personal and professional tipping points the pair — AND THE WORLD — have faced throughout the last seventeen years. ‘The Tipping Point’ is a popular release among those at Bristol City, Hampden Park, and Liverpool, with the latter DJ stating, “It’s like they never left!”
– LITTLE MIX – ‘No’
– RICHARD ASHCROFT – ‘Bittersweet Symphony’
– TEARS FOR FEARS – ‘The Tipping Point’
CHART T&C’S: This chart is compiled using Shoot Music UK Sport Stadium DJ official download data. Digital track downloads by DJ’s are counted every Thursday, with chart positions updated and published every Friday. Shoot Music provide a wide selection of new music from artists of all backgrounds, styles & genres. Shoot Music new release downloads are considered for a duration of 2 months only.
This content was originally published here.