Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data. As this is the first chart of 2022, we welcome a plethora of new releases, alongside a handful of tracks that have been present since before the festive period! We’re so excited to be backing bringing you the hottest tracks in stadiums around the world.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (-) MUSE – Won’t Stand Down (1 Week)
- (-) TEARS FOR FEARS – Break The Man (1 Week)
- (-) ELBOW – What Am I Without You (5 Weeks)
- (-) BLOC PARTY – Traps (6 Weeks)
- (-) ALT-J – Hard Drive Gold (1 Week)
- (-) ALESSO x KATY PERRY – When I’m Gone (1 Week)
- (-) MILES KANE – Nothing’s Ever Gonna Be Good Enough (7 Weeks)
- (-) THE SHERLOCKS – Sorry (1 Week)
- (-) JOHN NEWMAN – Waiting For A Lifetime (1 Week)
- (-) YEARS & YEARS x GALANTIS – Sweet Talker (6 Weeks)
- (-) RICHARD ASHCROFT – C’mon People (We’re Making It Now) (1 Week)
- (-) THE SNUTS – Burn The Empire (7 Weeks)
- (-) JAMIE WEBSTER – North End Kid (5 Weeks)
- (-) BELTERS ONLY – Make Me Feel Good (1 Week)
- (-) JOHNNY MARR – Night and Day (1 Week)
- (-) SEA POWER – Folly (5 Weeks)
- (-) SEA POWER – Green Goddess (1 Week)
- (-) GUN – Better Days 2021 (1 Week)
- (-) ALABAMA 3 – The Lord Stepped In (1 Week)
- (-) WHITE LIES – Am I Really Going To Die (1 Week)
Leading the way as we venture into 2022, Muse are set to dominate the world of stadium music for weeks to come with their brand new killer single, ‘Won’t Stand Down‘. In typical Muse fashion, the two-time GRAMMY Award-winners supply us with this arena-ready anthem of controlled chaos, featuring heavy guitars and industrial-like distortions amplifying Matt Bellamy’s striking lyrics about taking one’s power back. It’s perfect ammunition for our DJs to entertain their crowds of thousands.
Lead singer Matt Bellamy says, “‘Won’t Stand Down’ is a song about standing your ground against bullies, whether that be on the playground, at work or anywhere. Protecting yourself from coercion and sociopathic manipulation and to face adversity with strength, confidence and aggression.”
The trio have had an immediate response from DJs working in a variety of different sport settings. From Liverpool & Sheffield Wednesday, to London Irish RFC, and even the German National Football Team (just in time for the internationals around the corner).
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
While 2022 has brought us many a new release, a main talking point at mid-table would have to be Richard Ashcroft‘s brand new collaboration with the one and only Liam Gallagher. The two legendary frontmen arrive in the top 20 with the Don’t Stop Now Mix of their track ‘C’mon People (We’re Making it Now)‘.
While the version that featured on Richard’s acoustic album captured the imagination of fans, the new Don’t Stop Now mix sees the song reach its full potential, after Richard returned to the studio to work his magic.
This version is supported by an exuberant, full band wall-of-sound, with Richard and Liam delivering their performances in a typically iconic and charismatic style, clearly relishing the opportunity to collaborate on a song that they both cite as a personal favourite. It’s no surprise Liverpool, West Brom & Ipswich Town have all latched onto this one straight off the bat.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest, we see a number of artists standing strong, keeping their places in the chart post-Christmas. Joining them is a new entry in legendary guitarist Johnny Marr, who is no stranger to the Stadium Music Chart. He makes a return with ‘Night and Day‘, the brand new single taken from the ‘Fever Dreams Pt 3’ EP – the third quarter of forthcoming double album ‘Fever Dreams Pts 1-4’, due February 25th via BMG.
Featuring backing vocals and bass from Primal Scream’s Simone Marie, ‘Night and Day‘ encapsulates the confusion, the torpor and the entropy of the way we’ve all been living.
Speaking about the new single, Johnny said: “I need songs after all the news, news, news. It gets too real in the hotspots.”
– WHITE LIES – ‘Am I Really Going To Die’
– ALABAMA 3 – ‘The Lord Stepped In’
– GUN – ‘Better Days 2021′
– SEA POWER – ‘Green Goddess’
– BELTERS ONLY – ‘Make Me Feel Good’
– JOHN NEWMAN – ‘Waiting For A Lifetime’
– THE SHERLOCKS – ‘Sorry’
– ALESSO x KATY PERRY – ‘When I’m Gone’
– ALT-J – ‘Hard Drive Gold’
– TEARS FOR FEARS – ‘Break The Man’
CHART T&C’S: This chart is compiled using Shoot Music UK Sport Stadium DJ official download data. Digital track downloads by DJ’s are counted every Thursday, with chart positions updated and published every Friday. Shoot Music provide a wide selection of new music from artists of all backgrounds, styles & genres. Shoot Music new release downloads are considered for a duration of 2 months only.
This content was originally published here.