Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (11) RICHARD ASHCROFT – C’mon People (We’re Making It Now) (Don’t Stop Now Mix feat. LG) (2 Weeks)
- (9) JOHN NEWMAN – Waiting For A Lifetime (2 Weeks)
- (8) THE SHERLOCKS – Sorry (2 Weeks)
- (1) MUSE – Won’t Stand Down (2 Weeks)
- (2) TEARS FOR FEARS – Break The Man (2 Weeks)
- (5) ALT-J – Hard Drive Gold (2 Weeks)
- (6) ALESSO x KATY PERRY – When I’m Gone (2 Weeks)
- (14) BELTERS ONLY – Make Me Feel Good (2 Weeks)
- (13) JAMIE WEBSTER – North End Kid (6 Weeks)
- (15) JOHNNY MARR – Night and Day (2 Weeks)
- (17) SEA POWER – Green Goddess (2 Weeks)
- (NE) MILES KANE – Don’t Let It Get You Down (1 Week)
- (18) GUN – Better Days 2021 (2 Weeks)
- (19) ALABAMA 3 – The Lord Stepped In (2 Weeks)
- (NE) BLOSSOMS – Ribbon Around A Bomb (1 Week)
- (20) WHITE LIES – Am I Really Going To Die (2 Weeks)
- (NE) BIG IMAGE – Crazier (1 Week)
- (16) SEA POWER – Folly (6 Weeks)
- (NE) HAZEY – Packs & Potions (1 Week)
- (NE) FEEDER – Wall Of Silence (1 Week)
Since the stadium chart’s return last week, things have really begun to settle and we can see which tracks are beginning to dominate. A great place to start would be last week’s 11th place finish, who this week have jumped right to the top. Legendary frontmen Richard Ashcroft & Liam Gallagher have killed it with their duet of, ‘C’mon People’.
“People need to appreciate the soul in Liam’s voice,” said Richard in an interview with the Irish Examiner. “For me, I could appreciate my song again, like any creative person, we are always on to the next thing and we all have insecurities but that was so fantastic to hear. It’s this brilliant, natural thing and he knows that.
Joining the lads in the Champions League spots we have John Newman, The Sherlocks & Muse, supplying a mix of dance music, indie and heavy rock to our top four. Combined, these four artists have attracted plays from DJs at Manchester City, Liverpool, Celtic, Heart of Midlothian, Sheffield United, Leeds United, London Irish & the German National Football Team, among many more.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
At mid-table, Miles Kane returns immediately after seeing his single ‘Never Gonna Be Good Enough’ leave the chart last week, after it’s 2-month cut off. His new offering comes in the form of ‘Don’t Let It Get You Down’, also taken from Miles’ brand new record, ‘Change The Show’.
‘Change The Show’ is a joyous ride from start to finish and features a surprising, but spectacular appearance from Grammy-nominated singer Corinne Bailey Rae for a duet on ‘Nothing’s Ever Gonna Be Good Enough’. It’s an album that best represents Miles himself: charmingly authentic, and like nothing else you’ll hear in pop music today.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest you’ll find a handful of new entries alongside not one but two tracks from Reading rockers, Sea Power. ‘Green Goddess’ & ‘Folly’ have been a hit with DJs all over, notably at Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion & with our West Ham United fan-zone DJ at the London Stadium.
– Feeder – ‘Wall of Silence’
– Hazey – ‘Packs & Potions’
– Big Image – ‘Crazier’
– Blossoms – ‘Ribbon Around A Bomb’
CHART T&C’S: This chart is compiled using Shoot Music UK Sport Stadium DJ official download data. Digital track downloads by DJ’s are counted every Thursday, with chart positions updated and published every Friday. Shoot Music provide a wide selection of new music from artists of all backgrounds, styles & genres. Shoot Music new release downloads are considered for a duration of 2 months only.
This content was originally published here.