Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (1) JOHN NEWMAN – Waiting For A Lifetime (4 Weeks)
- (9) BLOSSOMS – Ribbon Around A Bomb (3 Weeks)
- (3) THE SHERLOCKS – Sorry (4 Weeks)
- (2) RICHARD ASHCROFT – C’mon People (We’re Making It Now) (4 Weeks)
- (4) MUSE – Won’t Stand Down (4 Weeks)
- (5) FRANZ FERDINAND – Curious (2 Weeks)
- (NE) GEORGE EZRA – Anyone For You (1 Week)
- (10) STEREOPHONICS – Forever (2 Weeks)
- (6) TEARS FOR FEARS – Break The Man (4 Weeks)
- (7) SIGALA – Melody (2 Weeks)
- (8) ALT-J – Hard Drive Gold (4 Weeks)
- (NE) EXAMPLE X KANINE – Never Let You Down (feat. Penny Ivy) (1 Week)
- (11) ALESSO x KATY PERRY – When I’m Gone (4 Weeks)
- (14) MILES KANE – Don’t Let It Get You Down (3 Weeks)
- (12) JOHNNY MARR – Night and Day (4 Weeks)
- (15) BELTERS ONLY – Make Me Feel Good (4 Weeks)
- (17) FEEDER – Wall Of Silence (3 Weeks)
- (NE) LIAM GALLAGHER – Everything’s Electric (1 Week)
- (19) WHITE LIES – Am I Really Going To Die (4 Weeks)
- (18) BIG IMAGE – Crazier (3 Weeks)
Another week, another top spot finish for superstar songwriter & producer, John Newman. His track ‘Waiting For A Lifetime’ continues to dominate the top 20.
Just behind him are Stockport’s finest, and Stadium Chart veterans, Blossoms. The indie rockers have utilised their latest banger ‘Ribbon Around A Bomb’ to catapult themselves up seven places. This is the first new music from Blossoms since their ‘vibrant single’ (NME) ‘Care For’, which was released in 2021. While discussing the single, frontman Tom Ogden said “While on tour in 2019 in Mexico, I visited Frida Kahlo’s house. Looking at her paintings on show, someone had described one of them as being like a ‘ribbon around a bomb’. I immediately thought that it was a great title for a song and album because of the imagery that it evoked in my mind. I thought about how lots of things in life could be described as being a ribbon around a bomb in the sense that as people we often dress things up which have a darkness lying beneath them”.
Fast growing DJ download numbers have come from the likes of St Helens RFC, Sheffield Utd, Manchester United and more.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
A key talking point at mid-table would be the arrival of BRIT Award-winning, multi-platinum selling musician, George Ezra.
This track is “a patchwork of lyric ideas found in old notebooks and chance moments shared between musicians in the studio,” explains George. “It’s joyous and infectious, and I can’t help but smile every time I sing it.”
Bristol City DJ Seb Bailey seems to agree, describing the track as “So happy, the best song for the nation’s mood right now.”
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest we also welcome the legend that is, Liam Gallagher with his brand new release ‘Everything’s Electric’. This now means Liam features twice in our current top 20, due to his appearance on Richard Ashcroft’s ‘C’mon People’.
This single provides a suitably larger-than-life introduction to Liam’s hotly anticipated album ‘C’mon You Know’, which we also cannot wait for.
– EXAMPLE X KANINE – Never Let You Down (feat. Penny Ivy)
CHART T&C’S: This chart is compiled using Shoot Music UK Sport Stadium DJ official download data. Digital track downloads by DJ’s are counted every Thursday, with chart positions updated and published every Friday. Shoot Music provide a wide selection of new music from artists of all backgrounds, styles & genres. Shoot Music new release downloads are considered for a duration of 2 months only.
This content was originally published here.